Wednesday, August 16, 2017

You Mean the World to Me and Koi Birthday....TIME OUT Challenge #89~Home Sweet Home, CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #234

Hello,

Super quick post to share two cards I made before my guests arrived (and we're enjoying ourselves fabulously!).

TIME OUT Challenge #89~Home Sweet Home has this lovely room to inspire us:


Here's my take...Concord and 9th stamps all the way...and even some embossing, as I'm trying out my new heat gun.  Hard to see the shimmer on my map, but it's definitely there...


CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #234 is next:



Planning to go to the zoo today! I'm excited...hippos!

Thank you for dropping in; your visit brightened my day!





11 comments:

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love the way you used the koi (carp)! Great design with beautiful color scheme! Hideko

Anita in France said...

That fabulous wavy background is perfect with the koi carp, Carol ... and your map with all that delicious gradation of shimmery colour ... gorgeous, gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Joyce said...

These are both wonderful, Carol. I love that fantastic map, and how you were able able to emboss and color it in such a beautiful way. And, your koi is wonderful--love the background he is 'swimming' in. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out. So sorry that I have not been by to visit much this summer.

I Card Everyone said...

I don't mean to be Koi, Roy ... but I haven't even tried to use this gorgeous fish since I promptly ripped his tail off with its debut at the craft table!
So happy to see him swimming around our gallery!! REally stunning!
=]

Unknown said...

Simply stunning! Beautiful stamping, great selection of the paper and the stitched details. Wonderful work!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love both of these, Carol!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Both cards are fantastic as always Carol. The map card is wonderful - I have had that stamp set for so long and haven't broken it out. You did a beautiful job with it. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Time Out!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous cards, Carol. Love the pop of orange on both. Very striking! Have fun with your visitors. Zoo visits are so fun! :)

Lynn said...

Two gorgeous cards Carol. Love how you inked up the globe on the first. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

sandie said...

congrats on winning at Time Out-see our blog for details hon x

Bobby said...

I see that wonderful world card took top honors at Time Out and it's so deserving, Carol. I love the wavy background you used with the Koi.