Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Pink and Yellow Layered Dahlia Thanks...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #257~Make Your Mark

Hello!

Hope you're having a wonderful week! I am...my mom's visiting! Yayyyy!

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #257~Make Your Mark.  For this challenge, bring out you pencils, markers, stencils and sponges, paints...essentially, anything that 'makes a mark.


Two cards from me today, both using the fabulous Layered Dahlia stencil from Altenew., paired with the new Thanks die from MFT.


Here's one posing for its close-up; the letters cut out separately so for this card, I stacked them three high...


The second sees the letters cut and backed with black. I admit I had a 'moment' of 'oh noooo' when I started rolling the panels into my Big Shot, as the stenciling has such impact (gotta love when products have impressive results easily achieved), but...I think the big sentiment works okay. Hope you think so, too!


Okay, I'm off for some more mom-and-daughter time. We might go for ice cream later, especially since the forecast is for the high 80s today...

Looking forward to seeing your designs in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping in; your visit brightened my day!


9 comments:

Julie B said...

These two look fab Carol and the oversize thanks works a treat! :)

Inkyfingers said...

I love your gorgeous, vibrant cards Carol and the sentiments really pop. Have a fun time with your Mum.
Hugs
Carol x

Jeanne said...

Oh my, Carol. These are absolutely beautiful! You definitely have a wonderful way with stencils. Definitely like your color choices! Hope you have a marvelous time with your mum. What flavor ice-cream did you choose?? :) Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Miss Carol these are so beautiful and I love that we get 2 times the beauty. Love your wonderful style and how you changed the colors of the letters you used for thanks. Lovely cards.

Bobby said...

I give you credit for making good use of your stencils, Carol. This Dahlia has to be your new favorite and you have a way of changing it up just enough to get a whole new look to your card(s).

Susanne Vargas said...

These stenciled cards are spectacular! Love them both! Have fun with your Mom!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fabulous cards, Carol! Great choice of colors goes well with those bold sentiments.

Greta said...

Thinking I'll have to get a layered stencil before too long--love these cards, Carol! Enjoy the time with your mom!

Pam said...

Love these cards! The stencils are amazing and the sentiment works perfectly.