Sunday, February 26, 2017

Hero Arts Mum Stem and Thank You...A Blog Named Hero~ February CAS Challenge, Happy Little Stampers February CAS Challenge~Blue,

Hello!

Snowy, blowy and gusty here...perfect crafting weather!

Today, I'm sharing cards made a few days back and, as per usual, I'm posting nearly last minute!  I need an organization assistant; someone to take photos and do the writing stuff.  Wouldn't that be fabulous....

Anyway, recently I was the oh-so-lucky winner of two Hero Arts wood-mounted stamps: Mum Stem and Hnadwritten Thank You. As you know, I *need* challenges to spur creativity, and lo and behold, I found two challenges perfect for debuting my gifts:

A Blog Named Hero~ February CAS Challenge



I used my Mum Stems to create a subtle background (very subtle, it seems...IRL, far more visible) for the bold thank you.  CAS...absolutely x 1,000% CAS, which is the standing invitation for both challenges...


I was, however,  concerned that p'raps my card was too CAS, so I created another...Mum Stems in HA orange soda, pale tomato, soft cantaloupe and butterbar.  The sentiment is from the colour layering pineapple set.  Less CAS...but still has plenty of white space with the airiness of the floral images (aren't they pretty!).  The outer frame is popped up....


Time to start cleaning up my stuff, which 'somehow' has spilled all over the kitchen and even so far as the living room, in readiness for my husband's return from his weekend of working out of town (which will be followed, beginning Tuesday, by a week away.  Guess where I'll be heading in his absence...yep! Mom's house! Niece and nephew time!! Fingers crossed the weather improves...).

Thank you for dropping by; your visit brings me joy!




12 comments:

Petra Swart said...

You really have those mums look fabulous in the blue and in the soft pastels, Carol!!!!! Love the wonderful CAS look of the first with the bold sentiment taking center stage and the frame on the second card is a wonderful idea!!!! Both these cards are beautiful, my friend!!!!
Hugz

Aileen said...

Love both cards but must admit to being drawn to the second more because its my favourite colour mix. Love them. Hope you enjoy your visit with your mum and the neice and nephew. Can be so much fun.

Tracie Pond said...

Great cards. Beautiful colors =)

Geri said...

Wow! You've showcased your 'winnings' beautifully in these two cards! I'm sooooooo in love with the first CAS beauty boasting beautifully soft images paired with a dainty scalloped border and a bold sentiment! Your second card has inspired me to roll from my computer desk to my crafting desk (only a few feet apart) to try this cool technique of popping up the outer frame! You're a crafty genius pal!!!

*Vicki* said...

Sister, I hear you about time management! I really need an assistant to take photos, edit, watermark and upload! That would save time, wouldn't it?!! LOL!

Your cards are just gorgeous! I really love multi-colored with the sentiment opening...so fun and beautifully done! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Shelly said...

Both cards are wonderful, Carol! And sunny and warm, here! I'll try to send you a little bit of my weather, but you can't have ALL of it! heehee. ;) Enjoy your time at your Mom's along with your niece and nephew! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

You've achieved very different looks with the same stamp. A very soft background for the bold greeting and a framed beauty in gorgeous, warm colors!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful thank you cards...love your second card, what a fabulous idea using that wonderful die. So sweet.

Kylie said...

Lol I love that idea! I'd rather have someone work for me and free up my time to craft and blog though. :) Such lovely cards. :)

Chrissie said...

What beautifully pretty backdrops on these cards! Just lovely!
Thanks for playing in Happy Little Stamper's CAS Challenge!
Chrissie

Greta said...

You've been making lots of wonderful cards, Carol! I really love the second card here--think I "need" that die!

Neets B said...

Oooh, what a gorgeous stamp. Love both of these. And I love how you've set the sentiment back on your second card. I always seem to pop mine up but this is a great idea. So sorry I've not visited you much lately, I just can't seem to find enough time in the day to travel around blogland so much.
Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, Anita x