Thursday, May 19, 2016

Happy Birthday, Sandie!!

 Hello,

I'm a late-comer to the various parties happening in celebration of our sweet, wonderful Sandie's 50th Birthday! One is happening over at Kylie's place


and another over at TIME OUT Challenges, where CAS and purple are on tap.

So, my friend, here I am, with from-the-heart Happy *Belated* Birthday wishes, accompanied by a fairly CAS purple number that I'm hoping will make you smile! You know what else should make you smile: knowing you're still a young'un compared to me *grin*

My card is pretty much a literal translation of the sketch for the STAMPlorations May 2016 Sketch and Theme Challenges:

A variety of STAMPlorations products came out to play, along with a couple of purple inks...


May you celebrate alllll month long, my wonderful friend and may your year be filled with an abundance of blessings!  You deserve to feel like a princess every. single. day! Hugs!!

Also joining the galleries at:
STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge~ Anything Goes (optional twist of Magenta)


 STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


 Seize the Birthday~Anything Goes


So glad you spent some time with me today; your visit brings me immense joy!

PS: I'm late because <insert ecstatic squeals of joy> my family - brother, sister-in-law, Ms. T and Mr. C and MY MOM (first time visit our way) are coming to share the long weekend with us! Cleaning, laundrying, reorganizing our teensy space to accommodate 5 more people, happy dancing....getting ready has kept me on my toes! Call me excited!

26 comments:

Shery Russ said...

Awesome card, Carol! Love how you used various STAMPlorations sets in this beautiful CAS card! It's purplicious in all its CAS grunginess! Sandie's sure to love it. And I'm so excited for you that you'll have family coming over! Hugs!

Patti said...

Oooooh! I love this! and I know Sandie will too : )

Have a wonderful time with your family! you lucky duck!! : )

Patti

Bobby said...

I love what you've done down the side of the card, Carol. Those elements work so beautifully together. Yay for family visiting! Boo for all the work it takes to get ready for them. ;)

Lynn said...

Ahhh...this is CAS perfection and oh so Sandie! I love it!

Rose said...

Love this! A little bit grungy but very pretty. Have a wonderful time with your family.

Jeanne said...

Neat card, Carol! I really like the purple flowers and the joyful birthday sentiment. The black sure helps it pop! Great job on the card and what wonderful news on why you are "late." I'm fairly certain your friend will be very understanding! I'm SO very excited for you! I know you will be fabulous hosts and have a grand time with your family. Hugs!!

sandie said...

Carol it is a delight to see you-your card is a purple CAS perfection-loving those texty flowers and touch of grunge. Thanks for joining my party

Vicki Dutcher said...

FUN card - Sandie will love it! Thanks for playing at STB

A splash of color said...

Beautiful birthday card.. I love the black on the side.. it makes the colors pop more.. if that makes sense.. Great card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

How pretty - better late than never! Sandie will love it! Just saw - she loved it - no surprise here! Happy Friday, Carol!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a pretty pretty card for Sandie--I love those flowers and Sandie is going to love this one!

I Card Everyone said...

c ... you've found your perfect niche: stenciling!!! YOU ROCK those stencils EVERY time! LOve your darling card for Sandie - I'm thinking you've got a winner here four times over! xx
=]

Pam said...

This is perfect! I love it! x

Geri said...

Awesome card! I love the bit of 'grunge-ish' border - nice contrast with this yummy shade of purple! You are sooooo good at stenciling!

Anita in France said...

So pretty in purple, Carol ... a lovely floral cascade with a tiny touch of grunge ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

... and thanks so much for playing along with us at Sandie's surprise Time Out challenge! Hugs (again!), Anita :)

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet birthday card...love your wonderful purple flowers!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a totally swoonworthy card, Carol! So perfect for Sandie - and I can see that she loved it! (I would have, too!)

Greta said...

So glad you have family coming to visit, Carol! Beautiful use of the sketch!

Jodene said...

Great card Carol, I love the bold colour choices! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Joyce said...

Perfect birthday card for Sandie. Love those purple flowers.

Barb Ghig said...

I can't believe how far behind I've gotten...and the truth is, I LOVE to visit your blog! Please accept my apologies! This is the perfect card for Sandie...all that fabulous purple, and the grunge effects are so striking...Really awesome B-Day card, my friend!

Julie B said...

Hi Carol, fab interpretation of the sketch and love the colours!
By the way I tried to link up from your STAMPlorations entry but couldn't, anyway I'm here now! Thanks for sharing!:)

LauraJane:) said...

Great use of the sketch! Sandie will LOVE it:) Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations:)

Taunya Butler said...

You nailed this - so awesomely and sweetly!! Love your purple blooms and the way you honored your friend through this post!! You are such a delight!!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Carol, happy to see one more creation os yours. Great stamping and take on the sketch challenge also. Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin