Saturday, September 5, 2015

Welcome Baby and Happy Birthday...Cupcake Inspired Challenge #325, STAMPlorations ~Stamp Baby Blog Hop & Anything Goes, Happy Little Stampers Cas Challenge~Colouring, Simply Create Too #93~Special Occasion, Take It Make It Challenge~Anything Goes

Hello!

I'm visiting my mom this long Labour Day weekend and in the midst of all our coming and going, which includes marvelous time with my niece and nephew (who treated us to a 'concert' last night, complete with 'pretend' make-up, some amazing Ms. T singing - she is not shy! - and fabulous Mr. C electric guitar-playing), I'm running late in posting two cards I made before I left.

Last week, sweet, talented, wonderful Shery, from STAMPlorations and her husband, David, welcomed new Ms. Kathryn into their lives. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so looking forward to seeing photos, as we all are! To celebrate the occasion, I've made a card for STAMPlorations STAMPbaby


I don't have any of Shery's baby-themed stamps, so I hope she doesn't mind a wee CB elephant, nestled on a tag and set atop her so-pretty hearts stencils:


Since I had my STAMPloration collection out, I decided to create a second card, this time for Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #325~Layers.  Chocolate layered cupcakes with cascading purple icing flowers...decadent and delightful!


My STAMPlorations wonky layered cake came out to play..."chocolated and purpled' with my Chameleon pens, set atop another one of Shery's stencils and accompanied with a sentiment from Party Time.


A quick stroll through my Feedly challenge list and voila...entering into the following galleries:

Happy Little Stampers September 2015~Colouring


Simply Create Too #93~Special Occasion

TIME OUT Challenge #39~Make Your Mark

Take It Make It Challenge~Take a Stamp Anything Goes

STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge

We're off shopping this morning (IKEA on the list...maybe a Raskog will come home with me), then Ms. T and Mr. C time.  I brought my cuttlebug and some dies, so we know what's on the agenda for part of our visit!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,

30 comments:

Marisa said...

Precious baby card and way to use purple :) Enjoy your Ikea shopping trip!

Tanja said...

both cards are adorable - love the backgrounds - thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations - Hugs, Tanja

Julie B said...

Love your cards Carol, especially the one for Shery, love that little elephant!. :)

I Card Everyone said...

Just lovely news and card fro Shery, c... have a great time with Mum... go IKEA!!!
=] Michele

Kay Miller said...

Oh both of your cards are adorable! I love the baby one with the cute little elephant and the second one with the big yummy birthday cake is highly eatable!! Heheh! Love the stenciling in the background! Have a fun week! ((Hugs))

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Carol. Shery will LOVE the baby card ... so pretty with the stenciled hearts in the background. And the chocolate cake with purple ... delicious design! :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Enjoy your time with your mom! xx

Geri said...

Two deliciously yummy creations Carol! Isn't the CB elephant just the cutest? Especially with the hearts! Love seeing Shirley's Stamlorations cake in action on cards and the different ways that it is presented! Awesome colors and awesome stenciled backgrounds on both cards!

Sounds like you're having fun! Two sweet wee ones, an electric guitar, singing and stage make-up is guaranteed to be one awesome concert! Enjoy :)

Kim Heggins said...

Two fabulous cards Carol....love your yummy birthday cake looks good enough to eat and your sweet baby card, just so adorable. Enjoy your weekend.

Kim M said...

What a sweet and adorable baby card! Shery will love it! Love your cake card too. Great colouring! :-)

Petra Swart said...

Love the wonderful sponged bg's on both these cards, Carol!!! And again that beautiful tag die - really love it!!! Your little ellie is so adorable and the cupcake is just sooooo yummy looking!!!!

Jeanne said...

Both cards are amazing and sure to delight. I really like the softness you achieved with your stencils. Such a nice backdrop to allow your fabulous focal images to shine! How fun that you got treated to the best kind of concert! :)

Shelly said...

These are sooo sweet and cute!!
And sounds like one of the best concerts around! ;)

Susanne Vargas said...

Those cards are so adorable! Love the stenciled backgrounds, the coloring on the cake, and the elephant is so adorable with the pink, polka dotted ear!
Enjoy the time with your family!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Carol ... that wee elephant is so adorable ... and oh my that cake ... full of delicious yumminess! Enjoy the rest of the weekend's entertainment, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Anita in France said...

Oops ... missed that you'd linked this beauty up to Time Out, Carol ... thanks so much, always a pleasure to have you play along! Hugs, Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

Adorable cards, Carol! Love that purple and chocolate cake :) Thanks for adding it to the Craft Stamper gallery. I've also got my eye on a Raskog, hoping to pick one up this week. Enjoy time with the little ones :)

Shona Chambers said...

Are you back home yet?? Must be so hard to take only a few craft products with you. When I stay with my Mum I take all the drawers from my desk with everything stuffed in them. I just never know what I'm going to need!! I just know Shery is going to love that sweet elephant and your colouring of the cake on your second card is outstanding. Go those Chameleon Pens!!

Taunya Butler said...

Cute card for Shery and the purple cake card is positively yummy!!!

Peanut said...

Oh soooo cute! I'm sure Shery will be thrilled with the little elephant. That cupcake looks delish!
hugs, Asha

Jill V said...

Fabulous cards Carol! I'm sure that Shery will absolutely love the little elephant card and the cake on the second card looks so tasty! The stenciled backgrounds on both are fabulous too! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play along with us this week! Jill

Marybeth said...

Sounds like fun to me!!!! Carol I love both backgrounds on these darling cards! Love that little Ellie and the cake is sure fun! Hugs! I am so behind in my comments...sorry:(

Beverley said...

Two beautiful cards & I love to read what you've been up to! Sounds like you've been having lots of wonderful family fun :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Deepti said...

Awwww so cute! Love the soft inking through the stencils :)

Ellie Knol said...

Gorgeous projects... lovely colors!!
Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Barb Ghig said...

Pink and gray is my favorite color combo, so I am LOVING your first card with this sweet elephant and lovely hearts! Shery is sure to love it, too! Your coloring is amazing with your Chameleon pens, Carol...your wonky cake is fabulous and your stenciled background is stunning! Love them both!
So sorry for my late visit...I hope you had a great time visiting family and playing with the kiddos :)

Bobby said...

I'm loving your stenciled backgrounds, Carol. That wonky cake is superbly colored so I guess you're now friends with your Chameleons. ;) Aren't show put on by little ones the best? I wish I'd had an iPhone back when my grandkids were little to record some of the things they did.

Kylie said...

Don't you just love concerts by the littlies! So fun! And so are your cards. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Toni said...

Both are great and now I'm hungry for chocolate purple things :-)

Greta said...

Love your cards, Carol--especially the adorable elephant baby card! Glad you're having fun with the kiddos & your family!

Linda said...

Fabulous cards ..... everyone loves a chocolate cake ..... yum! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx