Friday, September 25, 2015

Leaf Thanks...Tag You're It Challenge #31




 Hello!

Welcome to Tag, You're It! Challenge #31, where my incredibly talented DT and I are inviting you to draw inspiration from this gorgeous, shimmery, classy leaf tag designed by our sweet, creative Jeanne:

Isn't that leaf stunning, with the red/gold combination, set against the vibrant orange?  The pop of blue in the button and string...oh my!  Jeanne's eye for colour pairings is absolutely amazing!

Want to see more *amazing*?  Then, head over to gaze at the fabulous interpretations created by our talented guest designer, Michele Henderson, and my team mates: Anja, Erin, Donna, Kara Lynne, Tracey and Marybeth.

My card is *not* a shimmery gold/red translation; rather, I brought out my much neglected distress inks and markers to sponge up a leaf die cut.  A few sequins (which I don't use often, as you tell by my wonky placement),  a Your Next Stamp sentiment and...voila!  The journey into the fall crafting season begins....



Hope to see your tag in the gallery!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!
Hugs,

16 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness....I didn't realize you were on this team too..awesome! I could just squeeze Jeanne to pieces. She's adorable and I love her stuff and now you too! Get ready for hugs.....lol.
FANTASTIC TAG!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my goodness....I didn't realize you were on this team too..awesome! I could just squeeze Jeanne to pieces. She's adorable and I love her stuff and now you too! Get ready for hugs.....lol.
FANTASTIC TAG!!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous leaf!! I can't wait until they start to turn colour here!

Carole said...

Beautiful colours and a lovely reminder of what is around the corner here. Appreciating the colours makes it easier to bear that summer has gone (well it never happened here really).I love your sequins. xx

Joyce said...

Fabulous tag--I love your wonderfully sponged leaf.

Tracey McNeely said...

Your beautifully sponged leaf is just delicious Carol! Beautiful!

Geri said...

The sequins totally work with your beautifully colored leaf! Honestly, at first glance I thought that you had used an actual 'for real life" leaf! Great rustic piece of twine and love the colored reinforcement.

Susanne Vargas said...

Your leaf looks so realistic - great colors! And the sequins add the right amount of sparkle! Very pretty!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous ink blending, Carol! I love the autumn colors and how you brought out the veins in the leaf...Love the sentiment, too! Really beautiful tag!

Greta said...

Beautifully inked leaf--love this, Carol!

Anita in France said...

What a wonderfully sponged leaf, Carol ... you captured autumn beautifully ... love it with those gold sequin highlights! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Your inking of that leaf is terrific, Carol, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with your sequin placement.

Shauna said...

What a beautiful tag! You are really getting into the fall spirit! That leaf has lovely coloring and the added sequins are a perfect finishing touch!
- Shauna

Rose said...

Your tag is so lovely. The ink blending is so perfect with such beautiful colours.

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous!!!

Kylie said...

Rocking the tag too, Ms C! Glad you are bringing your distress inks back into play too. The leaf looks gorgeous!