Friday, September 11, 2015

A Leaf and a Butterfly....NBUS Challenge #5,Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #326~Green, White, Navy, Addicted to CAS #71~Blue, Virginia's View Challenge #18~Geometric Patterns

Hello,

Dashing in this Friday afternoon to rush two cards into nearly-closing galleries.  I'll be super quick: promise!

First is the debut of my new PTI Silhouette dies for Addicted to CAS #71~Blue



Of course, 'new' means I'm also entering NBUS Challenge #5, hostessed by fabulous, sweet, talented and generous Darnell. She's nearly at 200 entries and the prizes she  has on tap? Oh my stars!! Nothing short of amazing!! Thank you, Darnell, for yet another opportunity to start scaling Mt. NBUS!



My second card is for Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #326~Green, White, Navy


A while back, I was transfixed with this gorgeous butterfly&rainbow card our ultra-talented Anita from France created, which you can see here.  I've had a case of her sketch in mind for a long time (and yes, she's given me permission to do so: THANK YOU, my friend!) and finally, it came into fruition with my translation that goes like this:


NOTE: Honoured and delighted to be selected as one of the Sweet Six at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.  THANK YOU!

A multi-faceted border strip from Winiie and Walter's True set, paired with a MB butterfly, sporting a vellum undercoat and ta dahhh...a case of Anita with a twist of  the Cupcake inspiration photo. Maybe not quite a 'hole in one', but it makes me smile...

I'm adding my cards to Virginia's View Challenge #18~Geometric Patterns


That's it from me...have a fabulous Friday evening!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day.
Hugs,


20 comments:

Geri said...

WOW! WINNER, WINNER x 2!!!

The blue leaf on the 'tree' background is stunning! The velum butterfly, the bling and that FABULOUS sentiment pair up perfectly with the graphic blue & green border!

Yep - like I said right off the hop - two medal winning creations!

Ardyth said...

Beautiful - love the leaf in blue and silver and the geometry is the perfect contrast to the butterfly! Love these!

Barb Ghig said...

Two FABULOUS cards, Carol! I love your take on the Code Word...blue is silver is so elegant, and I love your embossed background! What an amazing CASE of Anita's card, too! I love the geometric angles with your butterfly, and the color palette is stunning!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Jeanne said...

Both of these cards are fantastic, Carol! I really like the leaf in the blues...so unexpected, but oh so pretty! And then, oh my goodness, the stunning butterfly and geometric line. That is amazing! So striking. Awesome work! :)

~amy~ said...

These are beautiful! Wow!

Susanne Vargas said...

Wow! Two more swoonworthy cards from you! That blue leaf in front of the embossed background is simply stunning! And the second card takes my breath away with the graphic strip and the delicate butterfly! Masterpieces, my dear! I think we have two winners here!

Virginia L. said...

How brilliant! Love the blue and I love the silver in this even more, Carol! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Geometric Patterns” Challenge!

Naki said...

how pretty! love how you mixed all the challenges, it turned out beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, this is beautiful! So glad you were inspired by our color challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Taunya Butler said...

Well, I am just overwhelmed with a serious case of the SWOONS - I think your blue leaf card deserves an extra-special, super awesome award!! Stunning and so electrifyingly COOL!!! Wow!!! And your CASE of Anita's card is so trendy with the shape border and that vellum butterfly - oh, no, I feel another set of SWOONS coming on!! Oh, **gasp** you have created two phenomenal cards that I just love and adore!!! I am such a big fan and I hope you can hear me cheering for these WINNER cards all the way up there!!! Hugs to you - you marvelous lady!!

Kylie said...

Amazing cards, Carol! Please share some of your mojo with me. lol I'm loving both and I bet you totally win the challengeds you've entered.

Anita in France said...

Beautiful blue leaf, Carol, so striking ... and gorgeous with the birch tree background! Thanks so much for the lovely shout out, my sweet friend ... what a stunning CASE ... your filigree butterfly is just spectacular against that awesome geometric line! To echo so many others, these are both WWCDs! Hugs, Anita :)

Dana said...

Oh i love the all the blue!! The leaf is so cool! I love the graphic look of the second!!

Jeanne H said...

Wonderful simplicity and texture!

OH Babs said...

I couldn't help but notice your lovely blue embossed leaf card on Darnell's challenge -- it popped off the page.

Shona Chambers said...

I think you did a fantastic job CASEing Anita's card. The colours are beautiful and I love the white butterfly with the white background. And that blue leaf is stunning with that amazing embossed background. You must have an incredible collection of embossing folders!!

Sharon Underwood said...

I love the geometric shapes in your cards! Absolutely beautiful! I saw your card on NBUS and just had to comment. The pretty blue caught my eye!

Greta said...

2 great cards but I really love that geometric panel behind the beautiful vellum butterfly!

Joyce said...

Two more beauties that I have missed. Love that silver leaf over that yummy textured background. That one is so stunning. And, your butterfly over your amazingly colored and shaded background strip...simply divine.

Darnell said...

These are both gorgeous, as always, Carol! Thank you so much for your sweet words and for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5! Thank you. too, for understanding and forgiving me for being so terribly late coming by to comment! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell