Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Flowers, Macarons and Donuts...Happy Little Stampers January Sketch Challenge, CAS(E) this Sketch #104


Karma Karma Karma Karma Karma Chameleon
You come and go
You come and go
Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dream
Red, gold and green,
Brown, pink and blue--ooo-ooo-ooo


Okay, okay...I'm being goofy (I do, however, confess to loving this song...), but the song fits so well with my current dabblings with my Chameleon pens. I'm moving closer to 'liking them a lot,' however, that whole 'how long do I have before the 'fusion' runs out' still has me baffled. It's not as big an issue when colouring small images/sections. On larger chunks though...eeee! Speed colouring!  Fusion frenzy! The results, as you'll see on a couple cards, are...ummmm, somewhat erratic. I've also figured out that 'deeper' colours need much longer fusing than lighter (light bulb moment for me...likely obvious to most), especially the blues and purples. They seem to lose their 'fuse' quickly (I can relate *grin*)

My husband-packed mobile crafting unit (seriously, how sweet is that!), included my STAMPlorations stamps, which I'll be sharing here, some Walter and Winnie, and Reverse Confetti stamps/dies, a variety of Christmas goodies (which, given the Christmas challenges up and running, was a wise choice) and a smattering of my 'always use' dies.  Dewdrop inks came along, as did a couple embossing folders and my cuttlebug.  

What didn't join the group - and I'm doing relatively fine without - is coloured cardstock or patterned paper. Only white.  I'm finding using that solely a bit of a challenge, but given the Chameleon pens and inks, I can make 'colour' in other ways. If the roads weren't so sketchy, and the temperatures not so frigid, I'd venture across the city to see my 'local' scrapbook gal. Maybe on the weekend; maybe not. Until then...white it is. Hope you don't mind the 'same old, same old' for a while...


 features two STAMPlorations flowers, coloured quite simply (let's not talk about how many tries wound up in recycle...). 


My second card was sparked by CAS(E) this Sketch #104,


and an desire to stuff my face with sugary treats *grin*  SSTAMPlorations donuts - delicious!


My third card is 'just because'...prompted by a desire for sugar, sugar and sugar...


Isn't that a sweet row of macarons? Can you believe I've never eaten such a treat? Seriously! Where have I been!

All my cards are heading to STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


Today, we have a furnace guy coming to give quotes on new furnaces (one of t my mom's furnaces has required two service calls during the past week...yeesh), a trip to the bank, and then nephew baby-sitting while Ms. T goes to her ballet lessons. Once she's done, both will be here (along with my wonderful sister-in-law).  Excited!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!




23 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh, I love them...such fun cards!

Hannelie said...

Gorgeous Carol!
Great to see the yummy doughnut one in the CAS(E) this sketch gallery!

Susanne Vargas said...

Carol, I think you're doing just fine with only white cardstock! Your cards are fabulous as usual and your coloring is amazing!

Anita in France said...

My CAS loving heart loves white cardstock, Carol, so go ahead ... you've paired it with such fab images and wonderful colouring ... yep, your usual style and flair in abundance! Hugs, Anita :)

shirley-bee said...

These are fabulous! And now I'm hungry!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I love that song too, lol, and now it is going around in my head. lol I'm glad you are loving your markers, it sure looks like you are doing great with them!! Your daisy card is just stunning and boy do I ever love it. Now the other two cards are equally beautiful, but they have me wanting some sweet treats which I definitely don't need!! lol I hope you guys get the furnace thing all figured out and can get a new one without breaking the bank. That hubby of yours is a keep Carol and I won't tell you to have fun with the kids cause I know you will!! Just enjoy! Hugs, Brenda

Barb Ghig said...

You are amazing, Carol! Your flowers are gorgeous and your donuts and macarons are totally yummy! You're doing a great job with your new pens, too...looks like your achieving a lot of dimension with the colors! Love your cards!

Loll said...

Looks like you're having fun and doing marvelously with your new markers Carol! Love all three cards ... so pretty, great colours ... and who doesn't like looking at yummy treats! If you decide to venture out in the cold, definitely add a bakery with french pastries on your 'to-do' list and give macarons a try --- delicious! xx

Jeanne said...

Okay, so now that tune is running through my head and it won't leave. Thanks so much. :) Is it sad that I remember when it was on the radio? What isn't sad is that your husband packed up a mobile crafting unit. That is one wonderful man, lucky duck! Your cards are terrific. Great coloring. Scootch over so I can sit next to you as I've never had a macaroon either.

Dana said...

Ok i need some sugar!! Hold on..... ok i'm back chomping on a cookie!! HEHEHE!!! Your creations are so yummy!!! I think your coloring is awesome!

Kim S said...

I just love the packing job that your husband did. Of course, it may also be that you are exceedingly good at using only what is in front of you! LOVE the bright and cheerful look of these wonderfully clean cards.

Monika Reeck said...

oh dear the colored donut and flower is adorable..even you are at mom home you made adorable and qualuity cards...Love them all really....great using the tools that you only have at moms home...you are so clever card maker my friend.hugs , Monika

Deepti said...

Wow the coloring on these is just amazing, Love how happy the cards look :)

Geri said...

I say that you are definitely rocking in the 'only white cardstock' department! I admire your creativity...and resourcefulness. The flowers are as pretty as the treats are fun! Great coloring!!!

Greta said...

Doesn't look like you're having any trouble using just white cardstock! Lovely cards, my friend! Hope the new furnace gets there soon--I know you've got freezing cold temps. Glad you have babysitting duties--nothing like the kiddos to warm your heart.

Kylie said...

Oh C, you make me smile! You're rocking the white cardstock just as you rock everything else you lay your hand to. So pleased you are persevering with the markers. You'll have mastered them in now time! Mind you, the cards look so pretty and colourful that you can't tell you are still learning how to use them. hugs!

Jennifer Jackson said...

Wow - You've been busy! Love all these fun cards, so fun and perfectly CAS!

Tracey McNeely said...

All beautiful, so glad you have had the white cardstock to play with. Yummy cards.

Leigh Penner said...

What fun cards! Great takes on the sketches!

Marisa said...

Now I know the words to that song LOL and may have it stuck in my head for a bit too - ack!! Way to keep practicing with the new goods. Lovely colours popping off the white backgrounds.

Kylie said...

Probably my favourite flower stamps from STAMPlorations. You have coloured them beautifully and a FAB use of the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a super parade of fabulous STAMPlorations stamp cards! You rock them! By the way - thanks for your enthusiastic comment regarding my Muse card - made my day!

Taunya Butler said...

Gorgeous, yummy, awesomely delicious and just jaw-droppingly cool, fun cards!! The coloring is a gift you have, my dear C, no matter which medium you are using - you always come up shining!!! So happy about all these bright, colorful creations!!!