Sunday, June 1, 2014

Imagine...Lesley's Challenge #7, Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #97 Make your Mark, TPE #252: Anything Goes, Iron Craft Challenge Week

June 1st...already.  Where has the time gone!  Just over a month and school will be out for summer...yayyy!!

It's a lovely sunny morning here in my Rocky Mountaiin town, and before I go tackle the mountain - of ironing, that is - a card to share before some links close.  As I mentioned in my previous post, a wonderful assortment of STAMPlorations stamps have become part of my collection, and I'm planning to make my way through playing with every. single. one.

One set features three butterflies, so I selected one, white embossed it thrice and once again, made an attempt at water-colouring.  Yes, you are allowed to laugh...or shake your head in bewilderment.  Seriously, I just flounder around with this technique, and since I only have distress markers, I'm not sure how to adapt some of the techniques I've seen from 'ink pads' to the markers.  I don't even have a misting thingy, so I'm trying to figure out how to renovate 'something' comparable. Perhaps a little perfume vial from a couple samples I have will work - and my cards will smell pretty, too *grin* .   Oh well.  Innovation:  that's what 'challenge' is all about (and stretching my supplies, too).

My card, titled "Imagine", is was inspired by:

Lesley's Challenge #7

This is a double-inspiration:: the sketch, paired with Lesley's mom asking her to make some water-coloured cards. I figured if Lesley's willing to give this a go, I should try, too!  Thanks for paving the way, Lesley!

I'm also entering it into: Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #97 Make Your Mark

The Pink Elephant #252: Anything Goes


Iron Craft  Challenge Week: Inspiration 1~Trends from Julie at Chaitali's Cuts, Crops and Creativity, where I selected, obviously, water-colouring. 




The butterfly images are lovely, and the sentiment, with the funky font, is soooo pretty.  Obviously, my water-colouring needs more practice, but in real life, it is kind of cool....

NOTE:  I'm beyond honoured, delighted and thrilled that Chaitali and her mom selected my card as one of her top three choices for this challenge. The most heart-warming part: that our 'special gift' is the opportunity to make a donation to JustGive.org for a charity of our choice.  Chaitali and your mom: you're two incredible, amazing treasures, who know the importance of 'giving and sharing' on every level. THANK YOU!!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!!

25 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Your creation is super super gorgeous sweetie, I love love love the colours on this so soft and pretty, I want this card :0) hugs Pops x x x

Life and Knits said...

Whoa! I LOVE this card!!! Its GORGEOUS!!

Susie

Lee-Anne said...

Wow...love the colors and simplicity! Beautifully designed!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful card!

Anita in France said...

OK, so you want more practice at this because?? Seems to me you can add watercolouring to your already bulging skill set, my friend ... this is so lovely! Yep, nailed watercolouring! Hugs, Anita :)

Marisa said...

Very well done. Great shading and colour combo.

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning! Simple and beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Susanne Vargas said...

Now, why would anyone laugh at this gorgeous card? You are a natural at watercoloring! That card is so beautiful! And now I might have to buy that set!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous!! I love the water-coloring background. Beautifully done!

Greta said...

Beautiful, artsy card, Carol--love it!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I think it is REALLY Cool Miss C!!! Love the font of the distressy look paired with the simple elegance of the white elegant and lacy flutterbys! I actually had quite a successful weekend byself... a mountain of laundry too, a super clean bathroom, and cleaned the biys room.. that was almost a day to itself.. Usually we do it together, me really encouraging helping a little.. though this time he was at a friends and the mom called and asked it they could come over the next day, for the day here... so a good run through was in order. Cards, cards too, alot of stencilling, and if you check in tomorrow, a few little announcements.... :) SO happy you are on Inkspirational, so wonderful!!!!!

So glad you are playing THE CHALLENGE, I am loving it too!!!

Hugz Kimberly

Lesley said...

Such a lovely use of the watercolour technique! Your card is lovely and fresh...butterflies are always a favourite of mine! So happy you were inspired to play along. Thank you!

Monika Reeck said...

Miss C...(I follow Kimberly this time LOL) OH WOW!!!! see you choose much challenge for one card how clever card you made...love all the water color and the white embossing is really a nice touch...all in one word ADORABLE AND AMAZING butterfly card..I L O V E THIS...my lovely Miss C...and happy Monday...I still in the office..pssst....now I off..hugs, Monika

Geri said...

I looked at your card and thought to myself...the girl is s ca-razy cuz this card is waaaaaay beyond "kinda cool"!!!! It looks amazing in the photo, so I can just image how much better it looks IRL!!!

Did you really create this with distress markers? Wow - I admire your talent and your resourcefulness! Another amazing card dear friend!

Kylie said...

yummo! the watercolouring is beautiful and I LOVE the butterflies. Brilliant way to Make your Mark! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Unknown said...

Well hello Carol the watercolorist!!!! This is beautiful!!!!! Well done you for trying something new and oh how brilliantly you have done it. These butterflies literally look like they are flying across the page in a maze of soft watercolours. Simply stunning xxx

Shirley said...

Not just real life pretty!! This is so elegant and lovely! I am taking the watercolor class right now and I say frame it!! Love the colors and how you did the butterflies. Are they stamped or stenciled? They are wonderful!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your watercolouring is beautiful Carol, practice NOT needed but it is fun to practice anyway!

Shannon J said...

Ok, whattttt?!! You must be a bit of crazy to think your water colouring is anything less than a work of art!!! You are right there in the big leagues with this baby! Holy moly!! This is magazine worthy! All of your card are!! I am so blown away, so amazed!! Talented?? OH YES YOU ARE!!!

Kim Heggins said...

oh my goodness...first your water coloring is shear perfection and those butterflies are just so beautiful. I love the look of your card and can't wait for school to be over to have more time to play with my goodies. Have a great rest of the week and chat soon.

Dana said...

Gorgeous and so CAS!!! And really?! no practice needed!! Its perfect the way it is!!!

Jennifer Jackson said...

WOW! this is really gorgeous! I'm loving watercolor right now and your card is such an inspiration - beautiful color choices!

Nonni said...

GORGEOUS. White embossing in this is so effective. Congrats on your win!

Shery Russ said...

As far as I know, you're a pro at watercoloring, Carol. This is simply gorgeous! Congrats on being top 3 at CCC -- no surprise there :o)