Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Birches (x 2)...Merry Monday #85, Magical Wonder, Freshly Made Sketches #114

Happy December 1st - and the festive season is officially upon us, not only with the Christmas-themed activities that come a-calling, but even with the weather. "Snowfall warning in effect" in my part of the world, with dipping temperatures inevitable.  Guess I'll have to craft...

My past many cards are heading, this week, to my mom, who will be taking them to the Christmas Bazaar on Saturday, at the senior's residence where she volunteers. I have until Tuesday to get done what I can, and after that, my cards will be for people closer to home, here.  I have ideas for the Educational Assistants, for other teacher colleagues, for my husband's family and for my own.  Lots done; lots to do...and it's all wonderful!  I chatted with my mom last night, and she already has the first batch of cards I sent paired up with envelopes. I warned shared with her that there's more enroute. She says she'll be ready for them...

Two cards here, posted together because they share similar elements: birch tree embossing, white and relative 'simplicity' (well, not in the creation part...they still took me ages!).  I've made four cards recently using this combination, so for the sake of everyone's viewing, we'll call this direction a wrap...maybe...

First card is for Merry Monday #85: Magical Wonder



The second is for Freshly Made Sketches #114
:

I've  been a bit remiss in expressing my gratitude of late, so:  I appreciate ever so much  your 'patience' with my cards and my evolution as a card-maker.  For your generosity in sharing your creations, your inspiration and your warm, encouraging comments: THANK YOU! 

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!






14 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both of these are lovely! I love the snowflake and the dove! And the embossed birch trees are so perfect for both! Thank you for sharing these with us at Merry Monday!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh WOW! I love both of these!! I totaly love the embossing,the glitter on the first one and the pretty dove on the second one!! Beautiful job,Carol!!

Anonymous said...

The embossed birch is fabulous on both of these, Carol ... another yummy snowflake, with a splendid sprinkle of bling ... and that gentle dove with the pop of green laurel ... sooo perfect! Anita :)

Karren said...

Two beautiful cards! That embossing folder is gorgeous - I might have to hunt one down for myself! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Shannon J said...

Oh my sweet, sweet friend! Thank you SO much for your note this morning. I read it and tried to hold back the tears as my heart warmed, knowing what an amazing friend I have in you! YOU ARE THE BEST. I will write back as soon as I possibly can xoxoxoxoxxoxoxxoxoxoxo!!!
For now, I just wanted to pop in to say, also, how absolutely beautiful these are! I am so in love with that embossed birch tree - especially in the white. It just adds so much to that Christmas look - soft, calm and peaceful. LOVE that you are donating so many of these to help out the seniors - such a good cause! I have a feeling these are going to FLY off the tables at the bazaar!!
Thanks again, C! Seriously, I am so thankful for you!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Ok....... loving loving LOOOOOOOOOOVING that birch/wood die/embossing! AMAMAMAMAZING cards! I love the dove on the second one-- but that first one.. .WOWOWZA! It took my breath away! WOW! You are amazing! SUPER talented, Carol! I love visiting your blog:) I'm always inspired! <3 I'm not so inspired by the Christmas only cards challenge.... but I might make one just because you are:) LOL! So I guess I'm still inspired- LOL! <3

Unknown said...

Wow...these are both stunning! I can lose myself for hours just looking into a forest of trees. We were taught to treat them with respect while alive and appreciate the warmth and support they provide once cut...they are truly works of art. I have no idea why I'm gettin' all lovey on trees...I might be ovulating :S

~amy~ said...

simply gorgeous...really loving all of the white.

Amy O said...

The embossing on both of these is so pretty! And I love the dove on the second one. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Both are so pretty! The dove is really lovely. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Geri said...

Oh my goodness...these are stunning! Strikingly simple, flawless design, and beautifully elegant paired with the gold accents.

I see I'm not the only one that stared at these cards forever! The wee speck of greenery in the dove's mouth and the bits of glitter on the gold accents are gorgeous!

ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!

Dana said...

Wow!! Gorgeous!! I love the embossed birch wood!!

Life and Knits said...

This card is stunning! I love the white with the hint of gold. Absolutely beautiful!!

Susie

Kim S said...

You may have made four similar cards - but in my opinion, you can keep them coming. They are crisp, clean and fresh. I do love the colors and lights and decorations of Christmas - but in truth, your cards much better represent the deep peace that should be found in the holiday.