Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Fall...Fusion #18, CASology 64: Harvest, CAS-ual Fridays 115: Fall Colours & a Leaf

Craft dash...whoops, I meant craft post dash (me? A card under 10 minutes? Nope!  A post under 10 minutes - that's even a challenge!!) to share a card that fits three challenges, with yes, some 'liberties' taken a wee bit.
First challenge entered: CASology Week 64: Harvest

Second challenge is CAS-ual Fridays #115, where theme is fall colours and a leaf (liberty #1 evident here)


Third challenge is FUSION 18 (along with  liberty #2)


My simple, although-it-took-me-significant-time-to-create-it card, featuring an I-don't-know-where-it's-from pumpkin stamp that I distress-marker-watercoloured, a MCT sentiment, EP paper and VERVE flags. (whoa...dash overload...)


Thanksgiving in Canada is Oct. 14th, and we're planning to head to visit my family (our last visit was waaaayyyy back in August. Tooo long!!) to share some time and, of course, a big turkey dinner with them.  Giving Thanksgiving cards (or Halloween ones, for that matter) isn't something we've ever done, but trust me, I'm doing my best to change that!!  A few fall-themed cards will be showing up here...I mean, isn't 'every' occasion a card making-and-giving occasion??  (BTW: tomorrow is Techie Day, just in case you have a special tech person who needs a reminder of how valuable they are...Two guys at work are getting wee gifts from me: they're amazing - and patient. Very!).

It's a crisp, cool, frost-on-the-windshield day...time to get ready for work.  Ta dahhhh....post in just over 11 minutes...getting closer to that 10 minute mark!  Have a great Wednesday!

Thanks so much for your visit; please let me know you dropped by!









15 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Next thing you know, Carol, is that you'll be winning the TMCD!!! Lol. Card is great, love that pumpkin, stitched mat, and the fallish/harvestish papers. Hope you have a fantastic time when you all get together to celebrate Thanksgiving. Bev

Kim S said...

I am so with you - a card under 10 minutes..hah!! I love your fall colors...the rich papers are a perfect touch!

Greta said...

Gorgeous Fall card, Carol! I really love that pumpkin stamp & you've colored it beautifully. I agree--every occasion is for cardmaking in my world--LOL! I'm sure some of my card recipients wonder why I sent a card, so thank goodness for my on-line crafty friends! How neat you get to spend Thanksgiving with your family.--enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, Carol, a post in 11 minutes ... I'm out of breath just reading it! Fabulous card ... rich autumnal colours and a wonderful image (with a leaf!). Anita :)

Melissa said...

That's quite the accomplishment...a post in 11 minutes! You need an award! I don't think I could do that unless it included absolutely no photos and the words were jumbled so badly that no one could understand it! :)
Your card is so pretty with those rich colors and beautiful patterns! Love your interpretation of the card sketch!
Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Alice said...

love your coloring on the pumpkin. very pretty card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Geri said...

This is SUCH a nice take on our FUSION sketch, Carol! It's just LOVELY! Delighted to have you with us!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your mix of patterns, and how you adapted the Fusion sketch. A very happy card, indeed! Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge AND the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Wida said...

love that pumpkin, the coloring makes me drool! Thanks for playing CFC!

Meghan said...

Perfect colouring! Great layout! Fabulous card! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Kylie said...

lol Just love reading your posts - and the eye candy is an added bonus! I love your pumpkin. It is coloured to perfection. the card design is so great. I've said it before but I really do need to start CASing you.lol

~amy~ said...

I'm really behind on my Feedly...boo.

Love your fall inspired card! AWESOME coloring! I should have know yesterday was techie day..dang, my fiance is a techie dude. I could tell him it is today and well, let's face it, he probably would believe me (wink).

Is your white panel regular cardstock or watercolor paper?

TGIF!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Hey busy girl, look at all these cards! I love this one! Grat fall card. Speaking of pumpkins...I have some pimpkin ice cream to go eat!

Unknown said...

Awesome designs! I love your take on each sketch...so unique but each is just gorgeous!

Shannon J said...

A ten minute card??!! I can barely cut and fold the base in ten minutes! haha!! That pumpkin...oh, that PUMPKIN!! Coloured to perfection! And framed by that stitch border...gorgeous!! Just a few more sleeps now until you get to visit the fam!!! Eeeeeekkkk!!!!!