Thursday, October 3, 2013

Grateful for You...Retrosketches #83

Friday eve; the week has flown by, and I’ve been trying my hand– as always – ata few challenges. With Canadian Thanksgiving but a week away, along with a trip to see my family, I’m in the mood for fall cards.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I’ve decided ALL occasions warrant card-making-and-giving episodes, so I have a small fleet of Thanksgiving cards – some complete, some in the percolating stage – to bring with me when we go.  Hmmm…I wish Thanksgiving were later – November J would be nice – and then I could stretch out the autumn themes.  Maybe I will anyway...


Retrosketches #83 this week – fabulous sketch accompanied by delightful DT inspiration – caught my attention, but whoa…what “looked” easy most certainly was not!  
Whatever the math formula is for creating the ‘sort of envelope’ flap, I missed somewhere along the way.   And if one doesn’t exist, it should, because judging by the number of attempts I trashed, something was awry.  At least this time, I was smarter: practiced on recycle paper!!  Anyway…time invested resulted in a card I’m okay with, and that’s a good thing!


Simple Stories paper, and MCT sentiment...Now to decide whose plate I'll set it next to at Thanksgiving dinner next week...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!

8 comments:

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Carol--I've seen tons of cards using that neat sketch, but yours really stands out! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Delicious, Carol ... the colours are so yummy ... positively edible!! Anita :)

Sian Ridley said...

This card was absolutely worth the time you spent on it - it's wonderful! I know exactly what you mean, I spent more time than I thought trying to make that 'envelope' shape just how I wanted it :)

Kylie said...

Totally worth the time, Ms C! A gorgeous card and I love the colours too. I think you should definitely stretch out your use of autumn themed colours. They are just so pretty.

~amy~ said...

It turned out wonderfully! It is definitely an easy looking sketch but kind of tricky when you do the slices, eh?

Geri said...

I absolutely love this sketch! I'm seeing so many variations of the 'envelope' card - love the design.

Totally swooning over your card! Crisp, clean and simple! Love the somewhat 'country feel' that you created! Maybe it's the colors, could be the patterned paper, maybe it's the heart - total folk art warmth!

I am betting that a fight might possible break out between family members who want to sit at this exact spot and snag this sweet card!

Shannon J said...

Oh man, I am getting such a fall vibe from this card!!! LOVE IT!! That patterned paper reminds me of a quilt to wrap around me as the air becomes cooler and crisper as we head toward Thanksgiving! Something about fall colours too...ahhhhh! Totally worth all the time and effort you put into it!!!

Kim S said...

I love that paper- it's perfect for this layout!!