Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hexagons on the Diagonal...CAS(E) this Sketch #23

So many things to enjoy about card challenges - from the 'learning and trying' (I've added a new category to my Evernote card labels:  MUST TRY and there's quite the queue already); to 're-visioning' a sketch or colour combination; to discovering new ways to look at stash items.  Or, in my case, to 'discovering' entirely new stash items.  That's precisely what happened with my card approach  for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch #23.

Once again, I marched  to the beat of my own drum, and once again, made things a bit more complicated for myself, which is just part of my nature.  Why go directly from Point A to B, when a detour to C, D, and E are available, too?  While I love the 'idea' of diagonal lines (reinforced by the impressive number of entries that showcase them), my 'reality' is that mine would be crooked, possessing as I do one of those trimmers that leaves things just ever-so-slightly askew.  Hmmm, maybe it's my perspective that's a bit wander-y... While rummaging through my stamp sets, looking for an alternative, I found a brand new hexagon stamp set  - Sweet Shop Pattern Craze - that I cannot believe I'd forgotten about!!  After debating whether or not to use it - given that hexagons appear to be 'out-dated' as far as trends go - I decided that, in style or not,  these six-sided shapes deserved a play date.

The CAS(E) inspiration:

My diagonal hexagons with a couple of butterflies: 


The little hexagons are from a die set of faux buttons.  In hindsight, perhaps I should have kept with ones I stamped and fussy-cut from the set, but these are okay.  Next time...because there's still a bunch of patterned hexagons to ink up!

Stash inventory needs to go on my "to do" list, as does inventory elsewhere, too.  Clothes still with the price tags on them?  Yep - time to shop my closet to see what's "new." 

Thanks for dropping by, and please know that your comments are welcomed and appreciated, deeply.
Sending 'warm thoughts' to you, wherever you may be...

6 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Your card looks wonderful!

Ardyth said...

Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

lostinpaper said...

Hexagons are timeless, I especially love how you paired them with these sweet butterflies.
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Sian Ridley said...

I wouldn't worry about what's on trend - I don't! He he! I think your hexagons look great! :)

Jennifer said...

I think your work has a fun amount of whimsy and charm… Love it! :) Happy to be your newest follower! :)

Shannon J said...

Oh, I love this Carol - and might I say, I think it is right on trend! It's fun and pretty all at the same time! And the little baby hexagons...perfectly placed like a pro! I also just love the stitched look around the sentiment banner - a perfect finishing detail!