Monday, March 4, 2013

Sun, Butterfly, Happy Thoughts...CAS(E) #17

A quick post to share my card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch #17.  The sketch has certainly drawn plenty of talented artists, based on the entries I've seen. So much inspiration and 'prettiness' all in one place!

I was a bit flummoxed about how to approach the challenge when, in the midst of a 'get organized' stint (it was momentary...I made it go away!) some long-forgotten stamps emerged, buried in my stash (if you can really call my teensy collection a 'stash').  I can't believe they hadn't seen the 'ink of day' before this!  Inspiration sparked, I got down to work, and even wound up colouring a bit, which I haven't done in ages!

Here's Jackie's sketch:

My "Happy Thoughts" card...

After this weekend's snowstorm, I'm ready for spring...sun, butterflies, warm breezes, happy thoughts.  Really, really ready...

Thanks for stopping by.  I wish you "Spring" - spring weather, spring thoughts and spring in your steps!



2 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this sunny, cheery card with all the bright colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Shannon J said...

You're right, the sketch drew in plenty of talented artists...and guess what - you're one of them!! This card just makes me happy! The colours, THAT SUN!! I love how you tied in the colours in the paper pieced butterfly with the rest of the card too - makes the card have a lovely flow! Beautiful and sweet all at the same time!