Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hello Sunshine...

Happy Sunday!


We’re enveloped in a soft, grey blanket of clouds today, with flakes of ‘sticky snow’ covering what was almost a spring landscape.  Such is winter in the mountains.   Even though it’s gloomy outside, inside I’m toasty warm and the sun is shining – at least on paper!   Yesterday, after much musing about which freebie (thank you, PS, for sharing these!) to feature on the PS SPARKS Designer Drafts Challenge, I was inspired – because the sun was bright, the sky cloud free – with the smiley sun and its companion "Hello Sunshine" sentiment.   Add to the mix my chicken (I think that’s what they are!) patterned paper and…voila.   The ‘rise at dawn’ chickens greeting the sun’s smiling face –a pairing I simply couldn’t resist.   While creating my card I was reminded of childhood excursions (oh, to have more of those!) to my grandparents’ farm, where many mornings we were awakened by the cackle of hens and roosters encouraging us to get up and get going.  Wonderful memories of cherished moments…yet another reason to love making cards.

Here’s the Designer Draft:

Here's my take:

Another thing I can't resist: showing you a close-up of this adorable sun's face.  How CUTE is that!!  I bet you're smiling, too!

To the PS ladies who invest their time and energy to bring these challenges to us:  THANK YOU!!  

Thank you for stopping by - and have a day filled with sunshine - inside or out - wherever you are!!





2 comments:

Shannon J said...

Well, you have certainly brought some sunshine to my day! How can that sunny face not make anyone smile?! Just like those swimming fishes are my favourite TAWS digi, this sunshine is my absolute favourtite PS digi! There is just something about it that just makes me happy! You have balanced out the card perfectly too, with the pearl drops in the corner. And the gigham was the perfect selection for the sunny face. Just so sweet!

I'm so glad that my little comments brighten your day! Yours do the same for me :) You just have a way with words that always infuses sunshine and sweetness into my day! I just love that!

And guess what - thanks to your encouragement, I made a card based on the Case Study challenge that you suggested! I'll be posting it tomorrow. Keep your eye out for it ;)

Yes, that TAWS challege certainly had me puzzled. The card that I made was a little outside of my normal style, and I'm still not 100% in love with it, but glad I took on the challenge anyway. Challenge aside though, the Awesome Blossom set is gorgeous - I would definitely recommend it. It stamps beautifully. I find that some of the polymer solid images don't always pick up all of the ink, and the stamped result can be a bit splotchy. Not with this set - perfect results every time. And you are right - so, so versatile. I would definitely add it to your TAWS wish list! I have been very happy with all of my sets that I've ordered from TAWS so far - it's a small collection, but I find I'm using them just as much as my PS stamps. The ones I have are Trees Company, Cover Ups, Talk to Me and Fa La La. I'm going to be adding to my collection fairly soon, and I will let you know which other ones I'm having sent my way! Which ones are you looking at?? Oh, and I'm curious too, which PS stamps you ended up ordering (and which ones you are about to order!).

Last thing before I go, I agree with you ten billion percent! Being an Auntie is the BEST! I don't have kids of my own, and don't plan on having any. But my two nieces and my nephew bring joy to my life like I never could have imagined. There is nothing I wouldn't do for them. I am very, very lucky to live just ten minutes away from them and we see each other often. They are a HUGE part of my life and I'm pretty sure they think their Auntie is pretty cool too (even if my 13 year old nephew might not want to admit it - ha!). Cherish every moment you can with them - they are magical moments!

I'm off to make more cards. I think that's all I've done the past two weekend, but it's so rare for me to get so much free time to do what I love - I'm taking full advantage!

Keep your card close by and let the sunshine fill your day!
Shannon

Unknown said...

WOW! I am loving this. That adorable patterned paper and the sun! So much fun! I am so thankful for the comments you have left on my blog. Thank you for welcoming me to blogland. You are very sweet.