Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Always & Forever...one more 'heart' card

I've been full-throttle on making Valentine cards, and just when I thought I'd hit the brakes, put away the hearts and focus on colours other than pink (for a while), the CASE Study 127 (#127 for them; #1 for me...a nervous, yet excited first) showcase of Teri's delightful "Love" card appeared.  Could. Not. Resist.  Just one more set of hearts; one more 'outing' for my MCT scalloped heart and stitched heart dies.  One more (maybe...perhaps...).

Teri's card:  
Stunning!

My 'Study of this CASE' is quite straightforward:  two hearts (scalloped, of course), some stripes, a touch of 'kraft,' a splash of blue and, in place of the stunning ampersand (added to 'wish list'!), I opted for paired sentiments with an & (sometimes you just need to improvise).  The red heart is popped, as is the kraft/blue one (note to self: work on photography skills).  


I quite enjoyed stretching with this challenge. Thank you for stopping by.





1 comment:

Shannon J said...

If there was ever any doubt before, there is no longer - you have definitely been bitten by the bug! I know how it is - you just can't walk away from it!! But I guess we can consider it a healthy addiction...for now! Ha ha!

Your card is so sweet and just so pretty! And very romantic! The sentiments are perfect and so meaningful. Make sure you enter this in the challenge posted today right on the PS blog (not the SPARKS blog - although be sure to enter that one too ;) - the theme is hearts, so your cards fits the bill perfectly. And the prize: two stamp sets and one die - winner's choice!

I know what you mean about developing your style. I must say though, I really like yours already! I've been making cards for (I can hardly believe it) around ten years now, and you should see how much my style has changed over the years. It's just been in the past few years that I've really felt like I settled in and found it. And it's quite interesting (and mildly embarassing!) to look back at my old ones! You are light years ahead of where I was when I was just beginning.

I'm so glad you liked my sympathy card - that one was a stretch for me because it is a little outside my style, and the sketch was one I had to go out of my comfort zone to do. Thank you for saying that the card said a lot about how much I cared - that was probably the biggest compliment you could have given me!

And thank you too for the high five and all of the other sweet, sweet things you said! I'm blushing!!

Hope you were able to finish your race file! Are you and your husband both doing the biathlon? Is it the cross-country skiing/rifle shooting combination? My only biathlon includes going to my spin or bootcamp class. (The class is the second "sport" - walking from my car to the gym is the first - ha ha!).

Hope you have a good night :)
Shannon