Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Lakota Prayer...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #231~Anything Goes,

Hello,

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #231, where we're featuring the ever popular...


We are not going to discuss how long I've had this Lakota Prayer stamp and I am *palm smacking myself in the forehead* (repeatedly...) for leaving it unattended for the time I have!  It is so pretty, so detailed and so very meaningful.  While a multitude of inks/backgrounds could be used with this image, I opted for the colours I found when I researched "Lakota prayer colours'. The Medicine Wheel of the Lakota is red, white, black, yellow. I honoured the combination here...


A simple card; a powerful prayer

Please be sure to visit my amazing team's creations, then play along with us! 

 Anything Goes means anything goes!  
See you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:




Thank  you for dropping in for a visit; you've brought me joy and smiles!


13 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Such a lovely prayer, Carol. I love the simplicity of this nearly totally black and white card. The prayer itself is the focus, and you've showcased its loveliness perfectly. The blings add just the right amount of color. Beautiful card. Bev

Lin said...

How fortunate of you to have this lovely image, Carol! I love that you kept your design simple to allow the beautiful sentiment to shine! Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kylie said...

So lovely, Carol!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty image!

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning image Carol!! Fabulous card design!! I know what you mean about having and hanging on to stamps for waaaay too long...I won't even tell you how old some things are!! LOL!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh my, this is a beautiful stamp! And you showcased it perfectly by keeping the card CAS! Absolutely in love with it!

Inkyfingers said...

I can see why you love this fabulous stamp Carol and it makes a stunningly simple card.
Hugs
Carol x

Julie B said...

Stunning Carol, the stamp needs no more as it is gorgeous. :)

shirley-bee said...

What a fabulous stamp, Carol! It looks so effective uncoloured, with just the pops of bling. I need to find a 🇬🇧 distributor for IO stamps ;)

Anita in France said...

Striking and so lovely in monochrome, Carol ... and just the perfect touch of colour in the bling! Hugs, Anita :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic design, Carol! Love that tiny color touch.

Monika Reeck said...

woooww the sentiment and the Feather
wooow I love your design too Miss C
this is adorable and clever idea behind it..
really CAS and elegant
love only the little colors there
Hugs from teamie and wish you visit my DT card Carol
miss you sweety ...miss the time we visiting each other every day
Biig hugs
Monika

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Carol, I love your card! What a great use of this stamp! Just black and white, nothing more. - Sweet Kobylkin