Monday, August 29, 2016

My Niece's and Nephew's Arts...Simon Says Summer Vacation: Kids' Challenge~Anything Goes with Glitter

Hello, hello...

If you've been following me for a while, you know that I'm *Aunty c* to my darling niece, Ms. T, who has somehow turned 6 years old in the blink of an eye, and charming nephew, Mr. C, who, in another blink, has turned 4. I've explained to them quite clearly that this 'growing up' stuff needs to sloooooowwwww down, however...apparently that's not the case.  Because they live four hours north of us, every moment I spend with them is beyond precious, and filled with giggles, wiggles and, in the case of this post, squiggles!

When I discovered, about mid-August, the Simon Says Summer Vacation: Kids' Challenge~Anything Goes with Glitter,


I decided that the two lights-of-my-life *had* to enter!  Added to my travel bag during my recent visit, I brought along some glitter...and we did some creating, using  canvases they had at home, paint, glitter (which is not showing up as I had hoped in the photos) and, as you'll see, other 'interesting' tools....

Ms. T decided they 'had' to create pieces of art with their initials on them (something she had seen 'somewhere'), so we did precisely that.  We masked off their respective *T* and *C*...and away they went, using brushes and marbles (yes, marbles)....You can guess who decided that 'pink and blue' would be the predominant colours (Hello, Ms. T...)

Tessa (age 6)



Connor (age 4)


After that, things went a little...ummm. haywire.  Mr. C (who had enough of being given instructions bossed around by his older sister) brought out his Hotwheels cars and in under a nanosecond, had one dunked in paint, and was running it over another canvas.  No way was Ms. T going to be left behind with that messy fun, so with her car in hand, the two of them created these.... 

The first is kind of funky with its explosions of colour....


while the second rather looks like wildflowers.  I have no idea how they wound up 'stopping' at just the 'right moment'...but they did....


Abstract art made in rather an 'abstract' way.  Because they both had a few 'zoom zooms' on each canvas, I'll consider these as collaborative efforts.  Again, wish you could see the glitter...

So, there you have it: a canvas, each, from my niece and nephew, followed with two pieces of joint-designing with Hotwheels cars, of all things.  Go figure!  Creativity, plus in my books (but then again, I am a biased *Aunty c*...)

Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!





18 comments:

~amy~ said...

How fun!!!! Love the haywire effect;)

Maura said...

Connor and Tessa, what a brilliant idea to paint with hot wheels cars!! I LOVE it! Your abstract art is fabulous!! So happy you joined us in our Kids Summer challenge at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, maura

Carole said...

Two talented crafters in the making here Carol.....and isn't it great that they just go for it...no inhibitions...no fear of mistakes....pure fun..unlike us grownups who agonise!! Hope you will keep these in a memory box!

Brenda said...

Popping in for a quick comment Carol, busy, busy, busy around here with Savannah. I feel like I've had another child! lol I think that Ms T and Mr C did a fabulous job with with initial canvas's! But it is the hot wheels art that blows me away! Love Mr C's-so many hot colors! Ms T's is so cute and yes, I can see the wild flowers too!!! Isn't it interesting to see how they both used the same thing (hot wheel car) and got something so totally different?!! What talented kiddo's!!! I hope their artwork ends up hanging somewhere!!! Hugs, Brenda

Kylie said...

Isn't is wonderful sharing art with nieces and nephews. I love it when mine come to visit. What great pieces they have made! xx

Peanut said...

Well Aunty C, would I be wrong in saying artistic genius runs in the family?! Gorgeous pieces... they are definitely on the road to success.
hugs Asha

Shelly said...

These are just awesome! I'm sure there was much fun making all of these...and your niece sounds all too much like my daughter giving her brothers 'instructions'. lol ;)

Geri said...

Oh my goodness...such a delightful post - made me smile all over my face! I can image how excited they were to create with Aunty C! Those little ones are truly blessed with a sweet, talented Aunty who loves to spend time with them! Wonder who had more fun???

You're right...the last card DOES look like flowers!!!

Marybeth said...

Oh they are all wonderful works of art Carol! How fun that they got to play along, I love the way they expressed in their art! I bet they love you to bits!

shirley-bee said...

Oh, I bet you had so much fun making art with your niece and nephew! Wildflowers from Hotwheels - who knew?

Susanne Vargas said...

How sweet! I can imagine the fun that you all had! Those kids are brilliant - at the BMW museum in Munich there was a similar artwork with a real size car, paint on the wheels and the pattern it made driving around!

Greta said...

Oh what a kick! The hot wheels creations take the cake!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous artwork Tessa and Connor! I love the canvas panels with your initials on them! I am sure they look great in your room! The hot wheels art canvases are brilliant too! LOVE them, very arty and original :-)

As you have made 2 artworks each I am adding another 3 links to the linky system for you ;-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Lin said...

What fun! I love that C added cars to the mix! And a fantastic idea to use canvas as your backdrop - they will last so much longer, and be such a keepsake! Thanks for sharing these with us for the Kid's Challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Virginia L. said...

I love how the kids have their artistic expressions. Your niece and nephew did Aunty C proud for sure, Carol! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp “Summer Vacation: Kid’s Challenge” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Patti said...

COOL! They have your genes Aunty!! so creative to bust out those cars to create their master pieces! I'm waaaaay impressed!!

Patti

Anita in France said...

Well, these two little ones are certainly following in Auntie C's footsteps, Carol ... both canvasses from each are so creative, so fun, so brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Rose said...

Your niece & nephew must think they are in heaven to have a creative auntie who encourages them to create their own works of art! The abstract hot wheel art put a big smile on my face imagining the fun they had!