Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shine, Hello, Baby - 3 Debby Hughes' Inspired Cards...CAS on Sunday #40, Paper Crafting Challenge #16~Baby, Stretch Your Stamps 2 - Day 3 Gallery, Iron Craft Challenge 3

Yes...I slept (more or less) and I'm back, revived and in a hectic scramble to get my online class homework done and posted.  Another rainy day...getting closer to back-to-work...must play while I can.

My trio of cards here were inspired by the lessons on Day 3 of Stretch Your Stamps 2

 where Debby Hughes showed us how to stretch little alphabet stamps. I don't have mini alphas, but do have several sets of stamps with small sentiments, so I adapted with those.  Rather than try to explain her technique, I'll let my cards do the talking...

First up - Star Shine, where I repetitively stamped *sparkle and bright* from my NBUS Winnie and Walter Big, Bold and Fun set on the star in a deep yellow,then inked it with two shades of lighter yellow.  Add a speech-bubble transformed into a cloud, some blue sponged stars, a blue-ink stenciled background, a bold sentiment and voila...a happy little card.  I like it.


ETA: I only just discovered (Aug. 29) the AWESOME *Join in and win* gallery over at Winnie &Walter's blog, and since this amazing sentiment is a W&W stamp, I am sooooo heading over to the party! Yayyy.....

My second card features a PS *Hello* sentiment white embossed on the butterfly die, inked with light pink and coral, set atop my TH lines stencil (which was far more cooperative than my previous attempt at water-colouring with it...sheesh!), and a die cut sentiment.  I used sequins...again!!  I like this one, too.


This little number is a repeat of the techniques above, using Simon Says *baby* and *sweet* stamps and the baby die.  Pink sponging, pink heart stencils...done.


Another *like*, which I'll be entering at Paper Crafting Challenge #16~ Baby and CAS on Sunday #40~ Rock-A-Bye Baby.

Here's my Debby Hughes' inspired trio, posing together, which I'm adding to Iron Craft Challenge 3: Inspiration 3~ Muses for Iwona...


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!

17 comments:

Carole said...

Wow! what a fabulous trio of cards. great designs and techniques. Clever use of a speech bubble as cloud and stamping on the butterfly and embossing......I have to say the butterfly is my favourite....and those lines watercoloured...they are amazing!! Thank you for sharing such great inspiration.

Unknown said...

Ha! Distressing is super easy, I told ya! ;) Love the card trio, it looks so super professional! Looking forward to seeing more of your distress skillz :P

Sue - said...

Three super cards. I particularly like the stripes on the butterfly card.

Anita in France said...

What a fantastic set of cards, Carol ... the bold sentiment is perfect with the sweet star and clouds, the butterfly's so delicate against those soft stripes, and the cute little onesie is adorable! Way to go, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I am LOVING all of these cards. What a fabulous idea to use small sentiments as a background to a die cut. Love this idea and think why in the heck did I never think to do this?!! lol Your stripe background turned out wonderful and I'm so glad it worked for you this go round. I love it! I love all the background, they are so soft and so pretty. Yes, this card set is simply adorable!! Hugs, Brenda

Kylie said...

gorgeous set of cards, Carol! I love all that stretching of the stamping!! xx

Marisa said...

These are fabulous, Carol!! Love the words on the various elements - always a good tip to remember. Well done with the stencils too :)

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - every single one of these cards is special and cool looking in its own way!! The first card with the sponged stars - oh my goodness!! Love the second one - the way you white embossed on the butterfly itself is SO genius!! What a remarkable card!! And last but not least - the soft pink hearts behind the onesie just makes that card so dear and sweet!! Thanks for the inspiration with these 3 cards!! I must tell you how much I truly and genuinely appreciate the words of encouragement and advice you gave me earlier today on my blog - You are one of a kind and I so enjoy you!! Thank you, thank you for taking time to share your thoughts with me - You will always be appreciated by me!!

~amy~ said...

Oh these are wonderful!!!!!

Papercraft Pro said...

I really enjoyed the sponging technique idea on the stamps to keep a "watermarked" look. The stamp choices used fit with each card's personality. Were the cards inspired by the dye cuts or by the stamps?

Deepti said...

Awww so adorable :) I love the baby card

wienerhoneymooners said...

Carol, too amazing MISS!!! I am so eleated and these beauties, WOW, you are just my inspiration!!!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Challenges, a blissful baby card!!!!

Loll said...

Love all three of these cards Carol! Great idea to use those little sentiment stamps together to create your own unique and fun DP to use for die-cutting, etc. I'm thinking I might have to sign up for this course and take it independently ... so many wonderful ideas. Thanks for sharing! Loll xx

Kylie said...

Challenge = NAILED! Perfection! All three cards are amazing!

Greta said...

You are so darned talented, Carol--love these, especially the gorgeous butterfly card!

Shannon J said...

Um, oozing with awesomeness!!! All three of them! You know when you get inspired, and then BAM you take it up a notch? Yup, that's exactly what you have done here!!! Outstanding, chin on the floor awesomeness!!!

Dana said...

Oh my gosh these are awesome!! Great idea to use sentiments on the die cuts!! Going to have to try this!!!