Saturday, August 23, 2014

Happy Birthday, Nonni...AAA Cards #16~Inspire, Seize the Birthday~Anything Goes, Pretty Pink Posh~ Cutting Edge Blog Hop

Surprise Nonni … Happy Birthday!  I’m running late with my card and wishes, but that just means that your celebration can spill into today!   More cake for you!!

I’m joining the party over at Sandie's blog, London Days, to celebrate this special day, or rather, now ‘second’ day.  I’ve had the absolutedelight of coming to know Nonni as an Inkspirational Challenges team mate. Not only does she dazzle and delight with lovely, inspired and inspiring cards there, but her abundant creativity is also found at STAMPlorations, Time Out and, of course, on her own site: Korttikarkuri – Runaway Cards.   Nonni is quite the gem:  her comments are encouraging, her posts reveal her passion for crafting, and her cards…oh, her cards!  Name the style; she does it; name the technique, she’s done it.  A stroll over to her blog will provide ample evidence of what I mean:  talented, sweet, charming, upbeat. That’s Nonni in a nutshell.

My card for Nonni was inspired by AAA Cards #16 - Inspire~Case Jane Taylor


I know Nonni loves doilies and while my rosette (the paper is patterned with butterflies...what a surprise *grin*) isn't 'quite' a doily, I hope it runs a close second and brings a smile.


I'm also sharing it at Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes


and at Pretty Pink Posh Paulina's Cutting Edge Blog Hop (My supply list: background mat = Lil' Inkers; all other stamps and dies: My Creative Time.)

NOTE:  Honoured and delighted that my card was an HM at AAA Cards. THANK YOU!!!

Wishing you a most Happy Birthday, Nonni! I hope the fun, laughter, joy and love of yesterday is echoed today, and in every day of the coming year!  

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments add sparkle to my day!

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, I wish I had your layering skills. I always think of something in my head, but then I can't put it together. Your cards are stunning – as always, I might add :)

Nonni said...

Thank you so much Carol for your beautiful words, I'm touched by all the nice things you said about me!!! Then, your card... Totally cute. You are right, I love the rosette and the color combo is so fun and happy -just like my blogland card party has been. Many hugs!!!

Jane said...

Absolutely adore your CASE of my card. Just stunning! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Cards.

Sue D said...

Very cute--I like the rosette.

Unknown said...

The rosette just finishes this card for me

Nancy said...

Love your rosetta card! I had to get a better look and I am sure the photo doesn't do the card justice ! So very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely birthday card for Nonnie - and thanks for playing in AAA!

Sheryl said...

Pretty rosette!

Unknown said...

Love the way you used the rosettes!

sandie said...

So pleased you joined Nonni's party Carol, what a great choice for a card for her, that rosette is just perfect for her and love that coloured base x

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Carol ... the sweet, delicate rosette is the perfect combination of your wonderful layering talents and Nonni's love of doilies! Not surprised Nonni loves it! Hugs, Anita :)

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

The rosette looks great!

Kim M said...

Love this! Your rosette turned out great! :-)

Kay Miller said...

Oh gosh! This is so cute! I love that little rosette thing with the cute little die cut present on it! And the little fishtail flag is perfect! Totally love this! ((Hugs))

Jenny said...

That flower rosette is just awesome! Super pretty card!

Amy C. said...

The doily flower is awesome!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...another amazing card Carol. I love your sweet rosette with the adorable birthday gift stamped on top, so fun and so sweet.

Denise Bryant said...

Love the dimension on this one! Great card!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous design and colors!

Greta said...

Beyond cute--I know she loves it!

Colleen said...

Awesome rosette! I think this will be a big hit! Thanks for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

Glenda J said...

Love the rosette and the fun colours. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

Shannon J said...

You are just so amazing! Nonni must feel on top of the world after reading the heartfelt, spirit soaring, sweet, sweet words you have written for her. I can't imagine a better gift!! And I just l-o-v-e the card!! That rosette is gorgeous!! No surprise whatsoever that this sweet thing was selected as an HM...although I would have picked it as the winner myself ;) !!!

Dana said...

Sweet birthday card!! I love the rosette and I'm sure Nonni did to!