Friday, April 4, 2014

Congrats...Unscripted Sketches #250

Friday already...and the time for heading home draws ever closer.  I'm ready, though; looking forward to being back in my own surroundings, closer to my family, reunited with my cuttlebug *grin*..

A couple of posts to share a couple of cards.  The first is for Unscripted Sketches #250,

and features my N&T Ink Splashes and the oh-so-pretty Uniko sentiment. I quite like these splashes, and the quality of the stamps is WOW; however,the how, where and when to use them 'appropriately' often has me befuddled.  I'm not 100% certain that ink blobs are are a proper fit for a congratulations card, however, I did make them rainbow-y festive, so hopefully that works.  Now, if only I'd brought along my Wink of Stella pen...oh, those splashes would be glittery celebratory - kind of like fireworks.  A touch up when I get back...


Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit and comments make my day!



13 comments:

Anita in France said...

I think ink splats are perfectly celebratory, Carol ... especially in these fabulous vibrant colours ... explosions of happiness! Safe travelling, my friend! Anita :)

Jane said...

Love the ink splats!

Dana said...

Lovely card!! It would make a great congrats card to an artist!! Love the rainbow splats!!

Patty Albertson said...

I love the splats of color! What a fun card :) Thanks for playing along with US this week!

Geri said...

Splats/splashes are definitely a-pro-pro (channeling Darnell) for a celebratory message! Fun colors and a perfectly balanced design is definitely to garner some attention at the Unscripted Challenge!

Marisa said...

Such a fun card :)

sandie said...

Carol, you already know I bet, that I love this!! Those splatters are so cool....you know you have to use then for the CASE this sketch challenge!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Splatters for a congrats card, sure why not! Works for me! Thank You for playing with us at Unscripted Sketches this week! I hope you will join us next week!

Joni Andaya said...

FABULOUS splatters Carol! Love this :)

~amy~ said...

perfect-o! Love the splashes teamed up with the pretty sentiment!

Sian Ridley said...

Wowzers!! I am jealous at how easy you make it look to use 'splatters'! Try as I might, I can never get them to look 'right'...but you clearly do not have this problem because your card looks fab!! ;)

I hope you had a safe journey home and that you are glad to be back ;) I know that means going back to work...but sometimes it's nice to return to a bit of familiarity isn't it ;)

Greta said...

Cute card--love the colors!

Shannon J said...

Ah yes, going away is awesome, coming home is even awesome-er!!! ha ha!! This card has all of the elements of fabulous!! Fun, on trend, perfectly stamped, bang-on colour choices - love, love, love it!!